Security Industry Authority Approved Trainer’s Training:-
Level 3 Conflict Management Trainer’s Cert.
This trainer program comprises of assessed distance learning and assignments
followed by a three/four-day practical workshop in the delivery of conflict
The course is for those perspective candidates with a level 3 training
award/qualification or equivalent, who wish to deliver SIA Approved Qualifications
which include a Conflict Management unit.
The course will give a broad introduction to the main areas of conflict
management in a context of delivering scenarios, using scenario based
learning, underpinning knowledge sessions and facilitation skills.
The key outcomes of the training will be:
- Assessment and reduction of the risk of violence in the workplace
- Identification and reaction to behaviour that indicates an escalation
- Taking appropriate response and measures to avoid calm or defuse
- Identification of post-incident support and sources of support.
- Reporting the circumstances of the incident and to provide information
for personal and organizational learning
- Development of scenario based learning in conflict management delivery
- Empowerment to the course candidates to develop their own learning
- Development of facilitation skills in delivering conflict management
The course will begin with a 30 hour supported distance learning section.
During this candidates will establish the knowledge underpinning the principles
and practices of conflict management and will complete a work-related
Candidates will then take part in a three/four-day workshop:-
The workshop will focus on the development of scenario based learning
and use of facilitation skills in the conflict management learning environment.
The second stage is expected to take 30 hours.
Throughout the course/program direct phone and email support will be available
from your tutor
Candidates should apply submitting an application form, an initial program
assessment (Obtained from LDC) and payment. LDC will ensure that the candidate
is able to take the program as applied for; additionally they will be
able to discuss developmental or specific arrangement needs.
- On the course start date candidates will have the distance learning
material sent to them and within the first few days their tutor will
contact them via telephone or email.
Candidates will have approximately three weeks to complete the distance
learning requirements and submit the work related project.
- Candidates will undertake a ¾-day workshop with up to a maximum
of 12 candidates. The focus will be on scenario and facilitation skills.
- Candidates who have achieved a previous recognized/accredited conflict
management trainers program will be granted APL for Unit 1, providing
the following criteria is adhered to: -
- They produce their original certificate which as been granted/issued
by an appropriate awarding body i.e. NCFE, SITO, and Edexcel.
- It is checked, copy taken (which is countersigned by the Internal
Moderator) and placed in their individual portfolio which is retained
by the centre for external moderation by Edexcel.
- Production of training records/statements from clients to prove their
knowledge is current and valid in the facilitation of Conflict Management
Candidates will be assessed on:
- Work related project, to be submitted at the start of the workshop
- Delivery of scenario based sessions taken during the workshop.
Security Industry Approved Trainer’s Training:-
Btec Level 3 Conflict Management Trainer’s Cert.
Btec Level 3 Advanced Cert in Training & Presenting
Package price of both qualifications £1400
Dates Available - CM 23rd - 25th November T&P 5th – 9th Dec
There will be further dates issued for Jan 2006 shortly…
Leadership Development Center - Technology House
- University of Salford - Lissadel St - Salford - Manchester - M6 6AP